Monday, January 01, 2007

 

Secrets to success with any self improvement program

Today I want to discuss how to dramatically improve the results of any self-improvement program. It doesn't matter if you use my material or any other program, book or strategy. In order to succeed at any self-improvement program, you must to do the following:

1. Decide on what you want and desire.

This is your intention. Write down what you want on paper. If you want it, you can have it.

Start with one intention and work on that and then you can go to the next, etc. Always focus on a positive outcome. Never say, “I DON'T WANT this”, such as “I don't want to be broke”. Instead, focus on what you WANT, such as “I want to attract more money into my life”.

As you do this I want you to focus on a THREE LETTER WORD that will guarantee your success. The three letter word is WHY…

You must be clear on WHY you want your goal or desire, or WHY you want to fulfill a certain dream. Always, always, always (should I say that again?) keep your focus on WHY you are doing what you are doing. A-L-W-A-Y-S!

Otherwise you will give up when the slightest obstacle stands in your way or it doesn't seem like it is “working”.

This is why 99% of people fail at any attempt to improve their life. They are not clear on WHY they want what they want. They are not clear on the BENEFITS. The WHY is always
more important than the HOW. In other words, WHY you want something will motivate you to achieve it. Worrying or trying to figure HOW you are going to get it only pushes it further away. So always focus on the WHY.

Your subconscious mind must be convinced that what you desire is what you really want. Not what you think you “should” want, or what others want for you, but what you TRULY want. If it perceives any change as a “have to”, “should” or “must”, such as “I have to do this”, “I should
do this”, or “I must do this”, it will resist the change. That will cause lack of perseverance.

As soon as you encounter the first obstacle that comes along, your subconscious will give you all the logical reasons why you should quit. If you focus on WHY you want what you want you will not give up easily but will be motivated to keep moving toward your goal, even if you have a temporary setback.

2. Commit yourself 100% to follow through UNTIL you get a result.

Read it again! I didn't say IF you get a result. There is a huge difference. I said UNTIL you get a result. Keep in mind, there is only one way to fail, and that is to quit.

3. Suspend your disbelief.

Do not prejudge whether or not the self improvement program, book or strategy you are using will work. Suspend your disbelief that it will NOT work for you. Keep in mind that it has worked for others and it WILL work for you.

One the most common obstacles I run into with clients is that they think, “I know this has worked for others, but in my case it is different.” In fact, I have never worked with a client who
didn't think that in their case it was “different”.

Trust me, your case is not different. Your circumstances may be different, but the underlying problem is the same.

4. Don't judge results too quickly.

Often people will have quick results when making a change because they are ready for the change and they have aligned their energy (more on that later) You could be one of them,
but allow some time for adjustment. Don't measure your results in hours, days, weeks, etc. ANY
improvement is a forward movement. Use even a small improvement as a building block to take the next step forward. You will continue to move forward as long as you focus on what you want instead of what you don't want.

(Review Lesson 1)

Remember when you learned to ride a bike. It was relatively difficult at first to keep your balance. Then you got rolling and it seemed so easy. In the beginning we are often out of balance. Sometimes it takes a little while to regain our balance.

5. Measure progress from where you started.

There are two groups of people. The first group measures their progress against some kind of an ideal. The second group measures their progress against where they started. Measuring your progress against some ideal is kind of like trying to travel to the horizon. You can never get there because no matter how you move toward it, the horizon always recedes, so it always seems to be an equal distance away from where you start.

People that have that strategy in deciding whether or not they are making progress are always frustrated because it always seems to them that they are making no progress.

The second group of people are those that note where they were when they started. When they look back, it is obvious that they have made progress. Once I get this concept across to people, they will often say, “My God I have been doing that my whole life and I have been frustrated about everything that I have done. Now I suddenly realize that I have been making all kinds of progress in lots of areas of my life and I didn't even see it”.

We need to measure our progress from where we start. If you measure your progress on the horizon (ideal goal) you will always be frustrated.

6. Focus on the next step.

Always focus on what you have to do NOW - IN THIS MOMENT.

Forget about future results. Just keep your point of focus on what you want to accomplish IN THIS MOMENT.

Usually when you start to see progress you have this impulse to want to rush things. You want things to change “right now: This pushes you and drives you to “force” things to happen. As you will learn, less effort creates more results.

7. Doing What You Know

I am sure you know people who have studied personal improvement material most of their lives and have not made any SIGNIFICANT changes. They read, study and attend self-improvement seminars and nothing, or very little, seems to change.

Why is this so?

Simply because they are self-improvement “junkies”. Like any junkie they need a “fix”. But the problem is that even though it is a positive fix, they are still addicts. They are addicted to the illusion that the more they study and learn, the more their life will improve. If they can just find that one book, one program, one strategy they are looking for, their lives will turn around.

Of course, they never find it because they are addicted to COLLECTING INFORMATION. They read all the books and listen to the tapes and CD's and study, but they don't move forward.

Here's why…

It is not enough to KNOW what to do - you must to DO what you know. Read it again!

In other words, MORE INFORMATION is not the answer. Even the information you are learning in this e-course. I promise you that when you finish this course you will KNOW what to do.However, the goal for this article is to get you to DO what you KNOW.

I am not saying that learning new techniques and strategies is not helpful. I buy hundreds of books and attend dozens of seminars, but I know that the INFORMATION will not change
my life. The change comes when I APPLY the information UNTIL I GET THE RESULT I desire. In other words, when I DO what I KNOW.

My intention for lessons of this article is to set you up not to fail. In other words, failure is not an option if you will DO what you KNOW. (Actually apply what you are learning). If that is the case, then you are ready for the next step. You are ready for the Million Dollar Secret That Can
Change Your Life.

It's getting exciting, so make sure you are on the lookout for the next lesson. It will be a real eye-opener!

I know, I know, your sooooooo busy! But do you really want to move forward in your life, or do you just want to collect more information?

It's worth repeating again. It is not enough to KNOW what to do - you must DO what you know.

Talk to you then. Have another great and prosperous day . . .

Dr. Robert Anthony

To discover a path to success and wealth that never fails, I invite you to take a look at Dr Robert Anthony’s “Know How To Be Rich” program. It has helped thousands of people like you to
achieve their goals, dreams and desires in the shortest possible time.

Get all the details here!

Powerful Love Tips
Make Love work with our love tactics and strategies! YOU too can manifest your own True Love and True Life Companion ON DEMAND if you would only know HOW! My TELL-ALL Manual reveals all the secrets I've been teaching people at my own relationship centre that I run...Love Tactics and Strategies That Work! Get your True Love ON DEMAND today!

How to make any of your dream come true! Download a magical eBook which has changed thousands of lives all over the world. Send inspiring flash movie and eCard to all your friends and loved ones too! Click Here!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]