Friday, August 04, 2006
Meeting Someone Special – Online Dating
Going from anonymous emails to getting an actual date can be exciting. But from the moment of initial attraction, starting from a look at their picture, to exchanging "send a smile" and emails -- it takes time to build trust, to get to a first real date - - to an actual face-to-face meeting. It's important to take your time – for personal and emotional safety.
Let's see how the process of online dating generally works at its best.
What to do? Here's how to start:
* Meet your date Online
* Edit your profile to have more fun
* Chat with your favourites
* Email Others
Five Practical Tips to Get Email and then to Live Dates:
* Talk on the phone first. Ok, the other person's picture looks fine - so let's take some time getting to know the other person on the phone. It may be that they look great, send nice emails, but are hard to understand, or sound like "something's not right." Pay attention to your instincts. Talk to them on the phone, at least a few times, before agreeing to meet them in person, in a very public place.
* Questions to get started with? Here are a few icebreakers that you'll want to know about in your emails and phone call to that other person: 1) What do you like to do on your weekends? 2) Do you like to go out a lot, or stay home? 3) What do you like best about someone you're dating? 4) When you eat out, where do you like to go? What foods do you prefer?
* Ask them upfront: After a few emails and a couple of phone calls, you may be ready to meet them in person. It's up to the both of you. If they are evasive or hesitant to meet, ask them why. It may be simply that they're shy. As long as you can phone them without problems, that may be fine. But, also look for red flags. (Example: is it a cell phone number, no home number (maybe the person is married)?
* You may want to ask them upfront, how they'd like to go about this first meeting to see what their ideas are. After talking on the phone a few times, you should know whether or not you'd like to meet. Make plans, in a safe public place. See our safety tips for ideas. Then, have fun meeting them at a local restaurant or mall.
* Being ready for romance and getting started in a new romance is both thrilling and a time of great uncertainty. Try planning on finding a person who's both a friend and someone you’re attracted to. Getting from a photo and description, to "first contact" by email, to phone call and then meeting in person, can be lots of fun. Remember though, being ready to meet someone also means you may need to juggle your schedule a bit. Dates take up time when you're having fun on the town with that new person in your life!
* How often should you email or call them? On the one hand, you don't want to seem overly desperate. Then again, you don't want them to think you're not interested. Finding a middle ground depends on what each person feels comfortable with. Remember, one person may want to send emails twice a week; another, every day. Each person expresses himself or herself differently, and works on a different schedule.
* Getting emails or calls? It's disappointing if an email isn't returned within 24 hours. It also looks over-eager if emails are returned within 2-3 hours. So, find a middle ground. Same with phone calls - always return calls within 24 hours, but don't call back immediately, unless you're on familiar ground with that special person you're talking with.
So enjoy your online dating opportunities. Become a good dating partner and find out with whom you're compatible. Then adjusting your style to fit the other person's in a compatible manner for both of you.
Discover how you can easily get your TRUE LOVE ON DEMAND by learning the proprietary information in this ebook, as taught by a relationship WIZARD! Used and tested with success by thousands of people in the REAL world for over the last 15 years, we are going to come clean and REVEAL the "formula" in this tell-all manual! You can stop failing in your relationship right from the start! Click Here!
Advantages Of Online Dating
Dating online allows you to learn about person’s qualities and attributes through the communications, both online and off, say via phone. Since you are not seeing each pother it gives the chance to both of you to reveal the thoughts and feeling without feeling awkward or embarrassed.
Here are some advantages of online dating…
Is it possible to meet your soul mate online through a dating service? Yes! With the right information, you will be able to enjoy the entire process and be safe too.
The online dating services of today have changed dramatically over the years where now, you will find a service for every situation imaginable. For example, online dating sites of today feature romantic opportunities for people of all ages, financial status, religion, ethnic groups, and geographic locations.
The problem that most singles deal with is not having access to other singles. After all, you can only visit so many clubs, bars, restaurants, and coffee shops in hopes of meeting that someone special. For this reason, online dating is a phenomenal solution that provides access to people all across the globe easily, efficiently, conveniently, and affordably.
The advantages that online dating services such as American Singles offer over chat rooms, is the ability to connect with your potential matches in more ways. For instance, in addition to being able chat with them, you are able to view photos of your potential matches, instant message them, and flirt with them.
Online dating, like going to the bar or a club, is going to cost you a little. However, it can be well worth the investment. Think about the amount of money you blew searching for your perfect match at clubs and bars....and the loads of money you spent on dinners and movies.
Why not put a fraction of that cost into a service that will help you find your true love? Isn't that reason enough?
Online dating services allow you to create your profile, post photos and search for members....all for FREE at many sites. Definitely beats a lot of unwanted advances from people too drunk to even mumble coherently, those “born loser” types or people who simply don't interest you at all.
The reality is that dating online can be a relief for you. It can be a ticket to happier dating, short- and / or long-term relationships. And if it’s just for fun, you still can go ahead without feeling embarrassed or shy.
Whereas an inability to predict chemistry is perhaps one of the most limiting aspects of online dating, the advantages to this medium as a way of finding, introducing and developing a relationship are significant and numerous. The increasing popularity of online dating is evidence to the multiple advantages. With today’s Internet offering more and more online dating services, you have access to all of their facilities and security measures while you are dating and checking out online chemistry. So enjoy!
If Harry Potter can manifest Magic using his little wand, YOU too can manifest your own True Love and True Life Companion ON DEMAND if you would only know HOW! My TELL-ALL Manual reveals all the secrets I've been teaching people at my own relationship centre that I run...Click Here!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]